Dr IWAN ‘S CYBERMUSEUM
THE FIRST INDONESIAN CYBERMUSEUM
MUSEUM DUNIA MAYA PERTAMA DI INDONESIA
DALAM PROSES UNTUK MENDAPATKAN SERTIFIKAT MURI
PENDIRI DAN PENEMU IDE
Dr IWAN SUWANDY, MHA
WELCOME TO THE MAIN HALL OF FREEDOM
SELAMAT DATANG DI GEDUNG UTAMA “MERDEKA
The Driwan’s Cybermuseum
(Museum Duniamaya Dr Iwan)
Indonesian Postal History Cybermuseum
(Museum Dunia Maya Koleksi Benda Pos bersejarah RI)
Private Cybermuseum and The Illustrations special For premium member(please subscribed via comment)
Museum Dunia Maya Pribadi Khusus Untuk anggota Premium
THE MYSTERY OF INDONESIAN VIENNA PRINTING STAMP
Dr Iwan s Creations
Based on His Own Postal and Document History Collections
Limited Private Edition 100 expl
Special For Premium Member
THE MYSTERY OF INDONESIAN VIENNA PRINTING STAMP
Edisi Terbatas 100 eksp
Publikasi Pribadi Khusus untuk Kolektor postal Histori
Penulis : Dr Iwan S
Editor : Anton J.S.
Penyunting : Lily W.
Photographer : Albert SDO
NAMA PEMILIK: Dr Iwan S
NO. PERCOBAAN 001
@Copyright Dr Iwan S 2011
1.This Information still not complete,please all the colectors from all over the world to add the informations,thank .
informasi ini masih banyak kekurangannya ,harap komentar dan saran perbaikan dan tambahan informasi dari seluruh kolektor didunia
2.All my vienna printing stamps found in the Direction general RIS PTT souvernier book during IHFBC 1950 Florence conference.
‘Seluruh koleksi cetak wina milik saya berasal dari buku kenangan dari Dirjen PTT RIS pada IHFB conference Florence 1950.
3.The illustration special for premium member.
Ilustrasi khusus hanya untuk anggota premium.
A. Chapter One :
The vienna printing stamps Repoeblik Indonesia prepare to sale in Dec.1st .1949
1. The Indonesia vienna printing still mistery until this day,because not exist the history of this stamps issued at Jogya Post Office in 1949-1950 . Many fact must still mistery like :
Misteri dari prangko Indonesia Cetak wina 1949-1950 sampai saat ini masih menjadi suatu misteri, karena sejarah tentang penerbitan prangko ini di Jogya masih belum terungkap, antara lain
:(1)The stamps issued by whom.(prangko ini diterbitkan atas gagasan siapa)
(a) The name of Indonesia Postal Telephon Telegram(PTT) fo Jogya still didn’t knew . only the information from the introduction ,Minkus Worldwide postage stamp Catalogue 1972. “The following stamps were printed abroad during the blockage of republic of Indonesia by the Netherlands. According to the PTT of Indonesia, a great part of the documents relating to the stamps were lost during that turbulent time. The stamps inscribed REPORBLIK were prepared for sale Dec.15th,1948 (the nemae of republic was NRI Negara Republic Indonesia of the state of republic Indonesia why vienna printing stamp used Reporblik Indonesia withou the state still confuced, NRI didn’t join UPU that was why cannot send latter by international postal Unuion, the NRI stamps used only local in the NRI area only, I have the postally used cover with lo9cal NRI stamps and also Revenue NRI until December,10th.1948 but vienna printing never seen in thousand postal used cover from Jogya area, please comment.Dr Iwan S)
and reported issued Aug.17,1949 in UNION POSTALE,UPU bulletin of August,1951.This name bulletin listed stamps inscribed REPUBLIK and the UPU series as issued Aug.17.1949 and DEc.1.1949 reprectively.
(The vienna printing s stamps cannot used because in Dec ,27th.1949 Indonesian became The united states of Republic Indonesia “Republik Indonesia Serikat or RIS” the stamp used from Indonesia federal stade(NICA) with and without overprint, I have found in De,29th.1949 the Indonesia federal states stamp with Queen Juliana stamps still used on cover send from Bangka tanjung Pandan to Jakarta, the earliest used the overprint RIS in March 1950 and overprint RIS still used until 1952. my conclution The Indonesia Vienna printing stamps only the propaganda label ,special for USA and other foreign countries. Dr Iwan S.)
Following establistment of United States of Indonesia,the post offices were informed by telegraph under number 19119/A4 of Feb,20.1950:”Provisionally the following stamps are valid”B”.The postage stamps of the PTT services of the Republic Of Indonesia,printed abroad with several drawings ands value probably these stamps will no more be used for prepayment by public.
Stamps mentioned under “B” were valid only for ordinary Inland or foreign postage for airmail registration,etc. had to be prepaid by other contemporary stamps mentioned in remaining parts of the telegraphed massage.The UPU comemoratives were to remain valid for prepayment [postage until the end of July,1950(August,17.1950 RIS became NKRI Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia, the ordinary overprinted RIS stamps still valid until 1952,and listed on the the Tjontoh or Sample stamps list issued by the Indonesian Post Office ,found by the chief master og Bengkulu city Post officed during he work there,now in my Collections-Dr Iwan S)
nama pejabat PTT RI yang membuat gagasan tidak diketahui, hanya ada info dari kata pengantar katalog Minkus 1972 bahwa prngko dicetak diluar negeri selama blokade dari Republik Indoseia oleh Belanda. Karena sebagian besar dokumen yang berhubungan dengan prangko telah hilang saat masa kacau . Prangko dengan tulisan ejaan lama Repoeblik dipersiapkan untuk dijual pada tanggal 15 bulan desember 1948 dan juga dilaporkan penerbitan tanggal 17 agustus 1949 dalam Union Postale,UPU bulletin of August,1951. Buletin yang sama mencantumkan prangko dengan tulisan ejaan baru REPUBLIK dan seri UPU yang diterbitkan oleh RIS, menurut informasi telegram nomor 19119/ tanggal 20 pebuari 1950.yang berbunyi Prangko ini berlaku secara local provinsi “B” Prangko dari pos dalam pelayanan PTT Republik Indonesia,ditjetak diluar negeri dengan beberapa lukisan dan nominal.Mungkin prangko ini tidak akan di pergunakan untuk prabayar bagi masyarakat.Prangko dengan kode “B” hanya berlaku untuk prangko kontenporer untuk dalam negeri atau untuk pos udara ,registrasi dan sebagainya. untuk pra bayar dengan prangko kontemporer lainnya sebagai bagian tersisa dari pesan telegram . Prangko UPU tetap valid untuk prangko prabayar sampai akhir juli 1950.(Saya memiliki prangko dengan cetak tindih Tjontoh yangd iterbitkan tahun 1951,prangko cetak wina tidak tercantum dalam lembaran prangko contoh tersebut-Dr Iwan S)
(2)Who painted the stamp’s design ( siapa yang mengambar desain prangko ini,)Under the pictorial stamps ,written the name of the painter SCROME ,please who have another name report via comment.thanks.
dibawah prangko serial lukisan pictorial ,bungkarno dan bung hatta ada nama pelukisnya yaitu SCHROM.sedangkan yang definitif tidak ada namanya.lihat illustrasi dibawah ini.
, sedangkan lainnya tidak ada.saya harap yang m nama lain agar melaporkannya kepada saya terim aksih sebelumnya.
(3) Are this stamp issued ,by sold in the post office and use on cover postally(Apakah Prangko ini pernah dijual diloket kantor pos jogya dan dipergunakan untuk pengiriman surat ?) Until this day I had nevers een the guinine postal used cover, only CTO Cover exist. ( sampai saat ini saya belum pernah melihat prangko cetak wina yang terkirim liwat pos, yang ada dalam bentu CTO saja.)
B.Indonesia Vienna Printing stamp Type of prepaid stamps 1949 with three type RIS Overprint RIS Jakarta RIS Djogjakarta,Republik Indonesia Serikat 27 Desember 1949
(a1) low nominal 2s Bung karno with Soldier
(a2) Bung karno and Whasington 1 R
(a3) President Sukarno 25R
(a3_1)airmial with Ovpt red RIS Djakarta.E.A.wright Banknote Co Phill. printing.
(b1)40s with Abe Lincoln
(b2) high values vice president Hatta 10 R
(2) Pictorial :
(a)The low nominal from 1sen to 80 Sen overprint black Republik Indonesia Serikat 27 Desember 1949
(b)The high nominal from 60 Sen to 5 R
(b1)pictiroal series soldier,sunan paku alam ,with flag 5 R but without inscription wien or ER Wright Banknote Phill printing at below stamp,and black overprint Republik Indonesia serikat 27 Desember 1949
2.Postage due(porto) with three type RIS Overprint RIS Jakarta RIS Djogjakarta,Republik Indonesia Serikat 27 Desember 1949
3.Air Mail stamps with three type RIS Overprint RIS Jakarta RIS Djogjakarta,Republik Indonesia Serikat 27 Desember 1949
(1)10s,15 SEN ,20 s,30 s two type ,50 s,75 sen ,IR, 1 half R, 4 and half R two type,4 and half R and 7 and half R
(2)airoplane 2 and half R
(3) Bung Hatta 10 R
(4)Bung Karno 25 R
(b) 20 S
(c) 50 S overprint black RIS Djakarta
(d) 1 R
(2) unperforatedoverprint black RIS Djakarta
(1)2s,5s,15 S,30 s 10 s
(2)10s,30s,50 s and 1 R
8.The Pictorial Dutch Blockadge Republic Indonesia with three type RIS Overprint RIS Jakarta RIS Djogjakarta,Republik Indonesia Serikat 27 Desember 1949
9.souvenir sheet with three type RIS Overprint RIS Jakarta RIS Djogjakarta,Republik Indonesia Serikat 27 Desember 1949
(a)1 R not yet found
(b) Pictorial 1 R not yet found
(2) Bung Hatta unperforated 10 R Brown
POSTAL HISTORY OF VIENNA PRINTING STAMP 1948
My Friend Ir M.F.Hartkamp just send me informations about the selling of vienna printing stamp at Djogja Post Office in 1948 and 1949 ,read his masage to me below:
“the Vienna printings only for 1 week have been sold by the head post office in Djokjakarta in 1948, starting at 15 December 1948 and ending (probably) 20 December 1948 (the second fight between the Dutch and the Republicans started at 19 December 1948. At 20 December 1948 Djokjakarta was captured by the Dutch and the Postal Head Office was closed.
The stamps were again sold at the head office in Djokjakarta at 17 December 1949 until 1 March 1950”
I have official documents to prove this.
1.The fact until this day I have never seen the original vienana printng stamps from 1948,1949 and RIS series used on cover, only one of my friend YESI PALUPI SHOW ME THREE UPU SERIE STAMPS USED OFF COVER WITH WATERMARK Y AND P, this stamps from his grandma collections. Some CTO ever report on USA magazine with the adress of Mr Stolow. I have the used bung Hatta 40 sen stamp in one full 50 stamps with CTO Djogjakarta,but this false cds compare with the original one.
2.The owner of mint vienna printing stamps was the ex in memoriam old Dirjen Pos as my frined told me, and Yesi Palupi told me that the Djogja Postmaster very old and sick which cannot interview.
3.The mystery of the Indonesian vianna printing stamps still cannot open,because the guinine original used on cover still didnot found.
4. I hope Mr Ir. M.F.Hartkamp ,who have the very complete informations og Indonesia Vienna Printing stamps will work hard to open the mystery ,we will waiting his informations.
Jakarta June 2011
Dr Iwan suwandy
after this I will add:
1. Indonesian Revolution and war before and during RIS 1950
- The latest Dutch Nical postal service cancelled during RIS CDS Taroetoeng 29.12.49 but didn’t accepted by the Republican, this document later send via Sibolga in 1951, what happen between that time at Taroetoeng? Major Bedjo from Repoeblik Indonesia had blocked the road between Taroetoeng to Sibolga that is why the postal service not open until 1951 (after RIS) , Major bedjo fight against the state of Tapanoeli/east Sumatra, Taroetoeng was the last Repoeblic Indonesia basis. (read Indnesia Indepent War -1948-1949 will put in he blog later, I have the vintage newspapers with Major Bedjo history, this figure then made in the Indonesian famous film ” Naga bonar” the Butahuruf or cann’t read “General”, this is the real historic military history that never written). This postal history was the Historical fact of Mayor Bedjo beside the newspaper.@Copyright DR iwan S.2010.
- The very rare Indonesia Stamped Collections(koleksi Stempel) ” RIS ARMED FORCES PAJAKUMBUH AIRPORT” thia airport isn’t exist this day, before the Indonesia Airforce airport during Indonesia Independent war, many native Payakumbuh (west Sumatra) didn’t know where the location, this is the secret airport during war.I think no one ever seen this stamped collection @copyright DXr Iwan S.2010.
- The contraversial unissued RIS 27 Des.’49 overprint Wian Stamps found in the PTT RIS souvernir gift at UPU conference at Flrence 1950, some collectors said the wina stamped ever used at Djojdjakrta 23.5.1950 to Adis Abeba Ethiopiadestination with CDS Ethiopia stamps, I think this phillatelic creation or CTO . the Wina stamps never seen originalpostally used.
- Very rare only one ever seen emergency RID honorary Comminsioner (Komisaris Agung) pen written F1.-revenue on Document.This emergency revenue only with handwritten because Komisaris agung RIS (the Royal Dutch Commisisoner like gouvernour General was the highest leader of all the State in RIS also didn’t issue special leges revenue because the commisioner didn’t used NICA revenue.@Copyright Xr Iwan S.
- 29.12.1949. Two days after transfer of authority, during RIS , The Queen Wilhelmina Dutch NICA issued printed at USA, and Federal States (BFO) issued overprin Indonesia on Queen Wilhelmina stamps printed by Kolff printing office Batavia 1949. send from CDS Tandjong Pandan (Bangka island). If no other latest date (please report) this cover was the latest Queen Wilhemina postal history in Indonesia, and this postally used cover became the rarest RIS postal history.@copyright Dr iwan S.2010)
- 27 Dec 1949 special commemorative cover Republic Indonesia Sovereign State berdaulat(Have authority -de Jure, Royal Queen of Netherlands until this day only accepted Indonesia Indpendence day at this day, but all Indonesian and also the other leaders and collectors from Netherlands have accepted Indonesia Independence day in August.17th.1945, we wait the Royal Queen Beatrix will accepted that day and Came at The 65 years Anniversary Indonesia Independence Day August 17th 1945 at Merdeka Palace in 2010, please everybody waiting to this historical moment and all the old problem will over, Viva Netherlands-Indonesia relationship in the future, What the comment of The Royah Netherlands Prince crown, I have met you in 1965 -during phillatelic international exhibiton at Jakarta in order to comemorate 50 year Indonesia Independent at Jakarta Fairs Hall, you are very Handsome man.
Hallo collectors from all over the words , this day we will seen some unusual illustration of IMUCS collections related with Round Table Conference August-December 1949 , The “Given and Recieved” or transferred , deliveries of the acceptance of NRI ‘s authority in jsutice or de jure between Dutch Government to the united States of Republic Indonesia. , and the transitions period december’49-January’1950. the Indonesia old generations and also new generation didn’t respect about this The Jure conference and ceremonial because they think Indonesia have Independence in 1945 that is the fact. I think the new generations must know what happen in Indonesia that times and what were the Historical fact collection exist now, they must learned that the Dutch planning to build a united state republic were not succeed because all the puppet state of RIS were developed by Dutch Nica didn’t prepared well, the administrator couldn’t done their job, and they asked The State of Republic Indonesia (NRI) to help them in administrations and at least they asked to dismished RIS and build the Unity States of Republic Indonesia (NKRI-Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia) that still exist until this day altough some politician want to came back into The United States RIS like USA (still until now) and Rusia (not succeed) but many didn’t accepted , they built Otonom Province like People republic of China. I am not a politician only collectors , from my collection we found that the new RIS and NRI didn’t prepared well , they still used the Nica Stamps ,revenue and papermoney until Indonesia became the Unity Republic(NKRI) all states became province and the issued Republic Indonesia Stamps, revenue and papermoney but RIS stamps still used until 1953. the unque collections will arranged chronically in five decades :
I. Indonesia During Round Table Conference (Aug.-Nov ’49)
(1) 23.8.1949 Opening ceremony Round Table Conference at s’Gravenhage Netherland. (a) Postally used cover send at the Grafelijke hall of the conference building Hotel Kurhaus, with postal camcelled CDS S’Gravenhage Grafelijke Zalen 23.VIII, 2 N(pm) 1949 with special commemorative postmark desing the Kurhaus hotel RONDETAFEL CONFERENTIE S’GRAVENHAGE 1949.(ill)(b) Postally used cover sent from cds Bangkalan (madura) 23.8.49 to CDS Soerabaja 24.8.49 , this is State of Madoera(illustration Wali the state of Madoera Tjokroningrat) and East Java federal area but without Special Round tabel conference, all area in Indonesia didn’t take attantined with Round Table Conference that is why no special RTC postmark.(ill)
(2) August 1949 The Surakarta Military Government issued Military Stamps for a military postal ser vices in Surakarta(solo) area after the Dutch had taken over nearly all Republican area in Java, without perforation , no gum , color blue, 500 copies were printed, of which about 25 exist (V.esbensent report April.18th. 1980 ). Contaversial stamps mint stamps still exist nw the biggest block of Eight stamps provenance Admiral Suraydarma-Mr Tung Kim Tek and now in Mr Eric collections, Suwito have strip of three stamps. I have seen about ten single mint stamps, but many faked stamps. Postally used cover never exist in Indonesia, Mr V.Esbensen auction of Mr Vrijdag collection only one postally used homemade cover send from Karang Pandan to Surabaya.(not illustrated) ,Dai Nippon club Netherland on the catlague covers one off cover used stamps CDS Salem but the date not clear(ill) -this catalogue asthe gift from Mr V.Esbensen.
(3) Novenber.2nd 1949 The Round Table Conference were closed.
(4) November.29th.1949. Change of Address postal card (Verhuiskaart-Kartoe-Pindah) with Dancer stationer stamps 2 cent issued in 1942 still used added numeric Stamps n1 cent sent from CDS Pendopo (south Sumatra) to Surabaya (not illustrated)
(5) December.1oth 1949. A letter from the command of Division IV/Siliwangi Kol.Sadikin , order all the soldier with their comamndatnt with their guns from Ketjamatan (District) Lembnag,Tjipaganti,Tjisarua,Tjitjadas,Udjungberung and Padalarang (the last Indonesia national Army basic area) to regrouping or collecting (pengumpulan) the soldier and report to the command staf at bandoeng at least 31.12.’49 Book illustration (ill)
(6)December . 14th.1949 Change of Addres postal stationer Dancer 2 cent card (verhuiskaart-kartoe Pindah) sent from Tanjung perak S port(soe rabaja) CDS Soerabaja to soerabaja added numeric one cent stamps. This is the latest used of Change of Adress card Dancer 2 cents .(ill) please collectors report postally used this card after this date, never seen during transition RIS period. If this is the latest tis postal stationer was the rare postal history.
II. The transition period from the transfered of Authorities ceremonial day(Dec.23th’49) until The Puppet state gave their authority to NRI (March’49).
(1) Sri sultan Hamenkoeboewono IX have signed the certificate of Indonesia Authority(Kedaulatan) at Rijswyk (now Merdeka) Palace jakarta. (photo illustrations)
(2) The Red white blue netherlands flag down and Indonesia Red white flag up in the front of Merdeka Palace Jakarta (Newspaper illustrations)
(3) the Indonesian government through KEMPEN (menistry of information & communication board) announced that The capital of RIS was Djakarta. Not yet found postally cover in this day and no special postmark ecist.
(4) Republik Indonesia Serikat 27 Des’49 surchages on Wina stamps, but unissued , may be too late for used RIS became NKRI or the RIS or NKRI postal services didn’t like the ceremony, Indonesia have independence in 1945, This stamps were gift to IHFBC PTT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE AT FLORENCE (ill)
(5) Phillatelic Covered (CTO) commemorate “Republik Indonesia Serikat soveireign state Berdaulat’ 27 Dec 1949 with CDS batavia Centrum 27.12.49 without special postmark (ill)
(6) Jogjakarta 27 Desember 1949 The RIS emergency law no 1 about Undang-Undang(Basic law ) Of RIS sign by President Republik Indonesia Srilat Soekarno (not illustrated)
(1) 28.12.1949 Presiden RIS Sukarno cameback to Jakarta (photo illustration)
Postally used cover(fragment) send from CDS Tandjong pandan (Bangka) 29.12.49 on NICA queen Wilhelmina Stamps 10 cent & 171/2 cents and Surcharge Indonesia on Queen Wilhelmina definitif stamps 15 cent.This is the lates used of Queen Wilhelmina stamps during RIS, may be in Banka they didn’t now that NICA was close and now Indonesia Independence de facto and de Jure. (ill)
Dutch Nica PTT form for sending money to Pandhuisdienst (rumah Gadai) -Money Order form from CDS Taroetoeng (north Sumatra) but couldn’t tranfered the postal office may be close , and later send via CDS Sibolga 12.7.51 (Historic postal document) .(ill)
Dutch East Indie ‘s health facilities (NICA) and the federal state handed over from the Netherlands to the Indonesian by Air Force Colonel Letnal Kornel Singawinata witnessed by President Sukarno (this photo from Kornel Singawinata daughter in-law, wife of my late friend the son of Kornel Singawinata , Osman Effendi singawinata , thanks for the permission for This historic photo shows), previously almarmum Kornel Singawinata Pasundan state health ministers (federal and state part of the RIS) look the pictures below:
The Emergency Basic Law (UUDarurat) no 1 about the State of East Java government administration. Goverment -Commisaris from RIS will done all the East Java Government administrations.
(5) Jan.21th’50 : KNIL were integrated into APRIS(RISarmed forces)
(6) Jan. 23th.’50 : Westerling Attacked Bandung. President Sukorno visit India.
(7) Jan 26th ’49 : The battle between TNI and APRA(Angkatan Perang Ratu Adil) at Djakarta.
(8) Jan.29th’50 : General sudirnan passed away (Wafat)
(9) Feb 2nd ‘ 50 resident Sukarno backhome from visit India
(10)Feb.19th PTT meeting with TNI .(photo ill)
(11) March 4th ’50:The meeting between RIS and NRI
(12) March .8 th : CDS Buitenzorg change to Bogor -the tax paid CDS (ill).
(13)March.19th’50 Indonesian Money were cut , the left side change with RIS money and the right side change with obligations.
(14) March 21th’50 R.soewirjo the Mayor of Capital city Djakarta.
(15)March 24th’50 : Unie Indonesia-Netherland conference at the menistry of foreign affairs office.
III. The NRI administrated RIS (April- August 17th ’50)
(1) April 1st 50 : West Java Governor R.A.A. Hilan Djajadiningrat give-recieved (Serah terima) the authority to Menistry of inland affairs(dalam negeri)
(2) April 5th ’50 : Sultan Hamid have captured.
IV. The Unity Republic (NKRI) transitions period August 17th’50-August 17th 1955 (Afro Asia Conference)
The Historical fact will choose from the unique and rare collections only.
The Founder : @ copy right Dr Iwan Suwandy 2011
2. The Mystery Of Indonesia RIS Speciment banknote