KEINDAHAN KUPU-KUPU INDONESIA
THE RARE BUTTERFLIES COLLECTIONS
Created by Dr IWAN S from his private collections and other senior collections
Private e-book special for Butterflies collectors
@copyright Dr Iwan S 2010
I write this e-book special for the Butterflies collector all over the world, free e-book, I hope many collectors from Indonesia will contact me and send his rare collections to add my informations especially from Molucca ternate area and Papua ,also Borneo Sarawak, because this time nor many collectors exist, only some who protect the rare butterflies , I have only 5 years collecting butterflies after that Iam very busy with my job and never collecting anymore. Please look some photos realted with my butterflies collections:
a.My profile during catching the Butterflies in West Sumatra 1975
c.THE VERY RARE NEVER REPORT BUTTERFLY I HAVE CATCHED AT WEST SUMATRA, BECAUSE NO NAME, I GIFT THE ENTHOMLOGY NAME OF THE BRUTTERFLIE BELOW :
T R O I D E S T W H I T E H E A D DrIWAN S.
CHAPTER ONE:.Dr IWAN S ADVENTURED TO CATCH THE BUTTERFLIES
1.Between 1975-1979 during my job at Solok city,every sunday I with all my family visit my father and mother in law at Padang Panjang. After my two sons playing with Tok In -my mother in law housekeeping, I and my wife Lily take a sport at the beautiful Anai Valley because my father in law have a restaurant there and
I saw a Japaneseman catcher the butterflies there with mthern net and he told me that in that place there were some very rare butterflies, and I made the traditinal catcher from Bamboo and ring from copper wire with the net from gordijn
(look at the picture of Anei valley with my father in law profile and his restaurant)
a.THE RESTAURANT AND ANAI WATERFALL VINTAGE PHOTO 1976
C.The location where I catch Butterflies in 1975,now forbidden because the protect area(cagar Alam)
2. After four years , I have catched some veryrare butterflies and I made the photos and conservated that butterflies but in 10 years all the collections were broken because not god weather and conservations,but the informations picture still keep until now and we will compare with the veryrare butterflies collections of Mr W.A. Fleming in his vintage Book Butterflies of West Malaysia and Singapore ,the same area with West Sumatra.This book I bought at Michaels Bookshp,22 rchad Road,Cold Strage Shopping Centre Singapore during visit that city in 1974, I THINK THIS SHOP DIDNOT EXIST ANYMORE.Please collectors comment..
After 1979, forbidden to catched the butterflies in that area because protect by law at the restricted area until now.
Very fresh and healthy air and wheater there made me very happy ,and take a delicious native Minangkabau Rice Chicken randang which I still remember until now,this time the restaurant have sold after my father and mther in law were pass away.
During the last bigger eartquaked in 2009 these area still in good situation not broken.
3. During my Job tour area in South Celebes between 1995-1996 ,one of my junior officer ,the native celebes, bring me to Butterflies conservations at Bantimurung Waterfalls, and he bought for me as a present some rare butterflies which still intact in my collections, we will compare with the picture in vintage Protected Butterflies In Indonesia Books 1990.
Many of very rare South celebes and Papua I have found at Bantimurung ,very difficult to found now, I keep with best conservations which made the collections still intact.please look the picture of Bantimurng waterfall , butterflies on the gound and the butterflies gate there below:
Please the collectors look that very rare butterflies in next chapter .
4. During the 50th years anniversary of Indonesian Independent Days in 1965, at the native stands I bought some very rare Butterflies from the native West Java conservations.
a.kupu-kupu betina Rajah Brooke ditemukan di Jkarta tahun 1996(5. In 1996, I bought at Jakarta a veryrare female Brookiana, very difficult to catch in Indonesia, many in sarawak that is why the name of Rajah Brooke were given to that butterflies.
B. Kupu-kupu Lembah Anai Padang Panjang SUMBAR 1978(THE VERY RARE BUTTERFLIES CATCHED BY Dr IWAN S IN WEST SUMATRA )
ANAI VALLEY PADANGPANJANG
Dr iwan S Anai Valley and waterwall west Sumatra painting 1939
a. The road and Railway brigde at Anai valley
a1. Family Papilionidae
(1) Trogonoptera Brookiana
2. Kupu-kupu Langka ditangkap di Padang Sibusuk Sijunjung(AT PADANG SIBUSUK SAWAHLUTO-SIJUNJUNG)
In the hill near this village , I found the nest of the Bird Fying Butterflies in the family of Papilionidae, genus Troides, many types never report from the small until bigger types , during this time I bring my elder son Albert with me during my dury tours to Sawahlunto and sijunjung Indonesia National Police Resort between 1976-1978.
( from the vintage books there were twenty subspesies troides,
(1) Troides hyplitus hiplitus
(2) Troides amphrysus: amphrysus,miranda,cuneifera,andromache
(3) Troides helena : helena,oblngmaculatus,darsius,riedelli,vandepoli,halipron,criton,
plato, aecus,minos,rhadamantus,plateni and dohertyl.
(4) Troides magellanus: magelanuss, prattorum.
(please Mr Hunianto,help me to search the name of troides I have found at Padang Sibusuk sawahlut Sijunjung west sumatra. may be new subspecies which be in my name,thankyou.Dr Iwan s)
D. Kupu-kupu langaka di Bantimurung SULSEL 1997(THE VERYRARE BUTTERFLIES FOUND AT BANTIMURUNG SOUTH CELEBES ).
1. Family Papilionidae
(1) Ordo Lepidoptera
F. Koleksi Kupu-kupu langka Indoenesia INDONESIA COLLECTORS BEST BUTTERFLIES COLLECTION
(courtecy A.H.Hunianto, kompas,mei.25th 2010)
Selesai @hakcipta Dr Iwan suwandy 2010