PUI-Premiujm Uniquecollections Info,iwansuwandy.wordpress.com @copyright Dr IWAN S 2010
Dr IWAN S LIMITED E-BOOK (STILL IN PROCESS)
THE VINTAGE TIMOR KUPANG
AND RELATED AREA COLLECTIONS
PRIVATE LIMITED E-BOOK SPECIAL FOR COLLE CTORS.
Created by Dr IWAN S from many vintage books and His private collections
JAKARTA @copyright Dr IWAN S 2010
Timor Kupang and related area in Indonesia was called Nusa Tengara Timur Province, Kupang is the capital city at Timor Island, another island were Sumba,Solor, Alor,Flores ,komoko ,roti and Timor Indonesia,border with Timor leste.
Before world world II , two ilsnad Sawu and Raidjua under (onderafdeling) Roti or Sawu which one leader chief or Raja ,the latest raja was Paulus Charles Djawa or Rohi Rihi Djawa which was died in 1963. After the world war II Sau and Raijdua Island still under Roti area under Kabupaten (Subprovinsi) Kupang, with two Kecamatan Sawu Timur and Sawu Barat.
I NEVER VISIT THIS AREA,BUT IN 1999 DURING MY DUTY TO TIMOR DILI(now TIMOR LESTE), I have seen from the fligth the beautiful three color Kalimutu Lake,
and many of my nurse and the wife of health personil were evacuated from Dilli to Kupang Timor due to the worst situation before the Timor leste elections between freedom and autonom Indonesian Province.
Very difficult to find the Timor Kupang collection in Sumatra and Java or Bali, bacause not much communications between that area, but some Timor Kupang man which moved to Jakarta still bring their vintage books and picture collections and when they were passed away their family throw away teir collecrtions and I have found some rare collections from the Lapak, and in 2008 i found some postal history from that area which belonging of a snior collectors from Macassar,cutting fragment from his letter from that area ,very pity but still us a rare info from the small city in the Flores and Timor Island.I have aslo found vintgae book about that area early textile and embroidery.
If the c ollectors have MORE INFO FROM THIS AREA PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA COMMENT, THANK YOU.This e-book stil in processing, if finish I will announced.
Jalkarta June 2010
Dr IWAN S
THE VINTAGE PICTURES COLLECTIONS.
1. The Koepang horse race June 1927
a part of picture (the full panoramic look at the complete e-book)
2.The koepang Seaport (a part of picture ,full panoramic look at the complete e-book)
3. The ethnic Kupang family and their house Sept.2nd1924
4. The ethnic Kupang man in their house 1924
THE EARLY TEXTILES AND EMBROIDERY COLLECTIONS
1. THE SUMBA ISLAND EARLY TEXTILE
(1) SUMBA PENNANT(PENJI?) WITH LIZARD BEADS EMBROIDERY. CIRCA 1900
(2)Lau Pahudu (women’s cremonial skitrs) design human figure
(3)Lau Pahudu tubular decorated Bands 19th century
(4)Lau Katipa applique Band design dancing horse late 19th century.
2. TIMOR KUPANG EARLY TEXTILE
(1) TIMOR KUPANG EARLY TEXTILE EMBROIDERY HANING IN THEIR HOUSE 1924
3.FLORES EARLY TEXTILE
(1) EAST FLORES APPLIQUE BAND WITH HUMAN DESIGN
4. SOLOR EARLY TEXTILE
(1) WOMEN SARONG DESIGN ROSTER AND GEOMETRIC LINE.
5. ROTI ISLAND EARLY TEXTILE
(1)APPLIQUE BAND DESIGN SPIRAL LINE.
(2) WOMEN SARONG SKIRT DESIGN LINE AND RAIDING HORSE.
THE POSTAL HISTORY COLLECTIONS
CHAPTER FOUR: THE ANTIQUARIAN AND OLD BOOKS COLLECTIONS
I. ANTIQUARIAN BOOKS
THE ETHNIC LESSER SUNDA (NUSA TENGARA) 1868 (Berlin Ethongraphic edition) with several Blabk white and colour Engraved Pictures. (te illustrations only for premium memebers and E-book CD-rom)
II. OLD BOOKS
1. The Etnologic Introduction Of Sawu Island9Detq.Yakop.Y. (Nusa Indah public.Arnoldus printing ,Endeh Flores 1973):1)The history of Sawu etnic. 2) The Mojopahit Kingdom authority in Sawu Island.3) Mone Ama Etnic Sawu government system, 4) The Legend of Ancient Sawu. 5)The Sawu Ethnic calender , 6)The etnic land Law,7)the etnic tree framily of Kika Ga and 5) Sawu Island Map. (premium info only for premium member or in E-book CD-rom)
2)Horse Hunting In Timor (Theric.Ris,Pustaka Djaja,first ed.Karja Nusantara Printin.inc.Bandung.1971) with cover painting by Ipe Maaruf and book illustration by Sjahwil)
3) The nostalgia Of Indonesia East Archiphelago(Nusatengara ),Gerson Pyok,Nusa Indah Public.Inc-Arnoldus Prtinting ,Ende<flores ,1973.Cover painting by painters G.M.Sufarta (illus.for premium members or limited e-book);
Some interesting in that book :
His heart shouting :”Amboi (natif Oh Oh ) at the border of river which snelling , i have ever tired sleeping under the open air at the wooden Fire fpr coocking food and watur on the ex butter kaleng . In the night My Buffalo tire broken. Tha Made in middle night i was swimming between water , grass and pimping without take head spin to Crocodile and smake” The man ownself nostalgia and looking the scene from the high gemawan.
(Hatinya berteriak : “Amboi di tepi sungai berliku itu, aku pernah tideur kecapekan di bawah langit terbuka di tepi api unggun untuk memasak makanan dan air dengan bekas kaleng mentega. Di tengah malam tali kerbauku putus. Akibatnya dimalambuta aku berenang membelah air dan rumput lalangtanpa ambil pusing pada buaya dan ular” Laki-laki itu ngeri sendiri mengenang dan memandang alam dari ketinggian gemawan)
CHAPTER FIVE :ANOTHER TYPE OF COLLECTIONS
PS more info onlyfor premium members in Englis or Indonesian language.
Please register as premium member via comment.
THE END@COPYRIGHT Dr IWAN S 2010,